Cultures for Health | Feta Cheese Starter Culture
Estimated Time to Ship:
1-2 Business Days
Make deliciously tangy goat, cow, or sheep milk feta. This starter culture blend was specially formulated to make great feta; just add rennet.
Each bag contains
- 4 packets of direct-set starter culture (rennet not included)
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
What You'll Need
- Whole milk (avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk)
- Water free of chlorine and fluoride
- Large jar or container for storing cheese
- Non-iodized salt like our Cheese Salt
- Rennet, liquid or tablets
- Tight-weave towel, colander, and bowl
What is a Direct-Set Culture?
Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Feta Cheese Starter Culture Ingredients
- Lactic Bacteria (LL) Lactoccocus lactis subsp. Lactis, (LC) Lactoccocus lactis subsp. Cremoris, (ST) Streptococcus thermophilus, (LB) Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgaricus, (LH) Lactobacillus helveticus)
Feta Cheese Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing soy and dairy.