Cultures for Health | Cream Cheese Starter Culture
Use a cream cheese starter at home to make fresh, tangy cream cheese. Cream cheese starter culture is great choice for new cheesemakers.
All you need is milk, a cream cheese starter packets, and a strainer to get started!
Instructions for using this cream cheese starter are included and may be found here.
Each bag contains:
- 4 packets of Culture.
- 2 tablets of Rennet.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Cream Cheese Starter Culture Ingredients:
- Sucrose, Maltodextrins, Lactic bacteria (Lactococcus lactis subsp. Lactis, Lactococcus lactis supsp. cremoris)
- Organic Vegetable Rennet
Cream Cheese Starter Culture Allergen Information:
- Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing soy and dairy.
Store you starter culture extras in the freezer.
Store your cream cheese in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. To freeze it, remove as much whey as possible and salt your cheese well using cheese salt before freezing.
Supplies you'll need:
- 1 packet of starter culture
- Fresh raw or pasteurized cream or whole milk
- Cheese salt (if freezing)
- Large stainless steel pot with lid
- Non-aluminum mixing utensil
- Tight-weave towel or butter muslin