Cultures for Health | Kombucha Starter Culture
This Dehydrated Kombucha Starter is the perfect way to experience Kombucha fermentation at home.
The live cultures are shipped in a dehydrated state, so it can stay on your shelf until you are ready to get started!
After rehydrating the SCOBY, simply add the kombucha starter to sweet tea and ferment away to make a healthy, soda-like kombucha with all the tart zing you want.
Making Kombucha at home is not only a great way to save money, but it also allows you to control the ingredients and make a healthier tea!
ABOUT THE KOMBUCHA STARTER
This Dehydrated Kombucha Starter Culture is perfect for the “Laid back brewer” type. Rehydrating the SCOBY takes about 4 weeks and allows those new to kombucha brewing to get the process underway. The rehydration process is fun to watch and a great way to learn about fermentation! When your dehydrated SCOBY arrives, you do not have to get started right away - simply store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to go! A dehydrated SCOBY is a great addition to any larder or canned goods storage.
- INCLUDED IN THE BAG
- 1 dehydrated kombucha starter culture (SCOBY)
- 5 pH strips (to keep the good bacteria thriving during fermentation)
INGREDIENTS AND ALLERGEN INFORMATION
- Organic sugar, organic black tea, dehydrated live cultures
Kombucha Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy.
HOW TO STORE THE KOMBUCHA STARTER CULTURE
Store the kombucha starter culture in your refrigerator until you’re ready to activate it. Use the starter culture by the date on the bag.
SUPPLIES YOU'LL NEED
Kombucha Starter Culture Ingredients
- Bottled Spring Water (Free of Chlorine and Fluoride)
- White OR Plain Organic Cane Sugar
- Tea Bags OR Loose Leaf Tea
- Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Quart Glass Jar
- Container that can hold up to 1 Gallon (For Larger Batches Only)
- Coffee Filter or Butter Muslin
- Rubber Band
- pH Testing Strips
- Plastic Mesh / Stainless Steel Mesh Strainer
- Measuring Cups