Barke® Vienna Malt - Weyermann
Weyermann® Barke® Vienna Malt creates full-bodied beer with golden colour, smooth taste, and intensely malty-sweet flavours. Gentle notes of honey and nuts (almond and hazelnut) come through when using this malt. Excellent process characteristics in the brew house and during filtration along with increased extract efficiency set Barke® Vienna Malt apart.
Weyermann® Barke® Vienna Malt is the malt for authentic lagers, and perfect for Bavarian Dunkel, Festbier, Maerzenbier, Pale Ale / IPA, Lager, Stoutsand of course Vienna Lager.
Made from the finest German two-row historic summer brewing barley Barke®. The long-loved characteristic malt aroma of Barke® is the perfect base for intensely flavourful bright lager beers. This malt brings gold-colored hues to the beer and promotes full-bodiedness.
Sensory: intense malt-sweet, light toffee, honey and nut notes; amused, soft mouthfeel
Heirloom malt for malt aromatic beer styles, typically for:
- Pale Lager; Festbier, Vienna Lager, India Pale Lager
- Amber Lager; Franconian Rotbier, Bamberger Maerzen, Rauchbier
- Strong Lager; Imperial Pilsener
- Bock; Helles Bock, Dark Bock, Double Bock
- Wheat Beer; Dunkles Weizen, Weizenbock
- Pale Ale; American Pale Ale
- Amber Ale; Scottish Ale, Heavy and Export, Biére de Garde, English Pale Mild Ale, Extra Special Bitter
- Brown Ale; English Dark Mild Ale
- IPA; American IPA, Red IPA
- Porter; Baltic Porter, Brown Porter, Robust Porter
- Strong Ale; English Barley Wine, Imperial Red Ale
Addition: up to 100%
Enzyme activity: high
6.0 – 9.0 EBC
2.7 – 3.8 Lovibond