Cultures for Health | Cheese Colouring (Annatto)
Original price $11.99 - Original price $11.99
$11.99 - $11.99
Current price $11.99
Made from annatto seed, this double-strength natural colouring gives homemade cheese a yellow colour. Use to add a warmer cream colour to milk. Can be used in larger quantities to achieve a strong yellow colour.
Annatto is the common name for the colorant derived from the seeds of the annatto tree, Bixa orellana. The tree is native to the American tropics, but has been spread by cultivation to other tropical areas.
- 1 fl oz. bottle
- Double strength
- Made from annatto seed (see more below)
- Usage Rate: Add 10-15 drops per gallon of milk for a warm cream colour. Use 5 to 10 times this amount if a strong yellow colour is desired.
HOW TO USE CHEESE COLOuRING
- Be sure to add the colouring before Calcium Chloride and Rennet.
- Cheese Colouring should always be diluted with soft or distilled water prior to adding it to the milk.
- Do not allow the colouring to have contact with salts.
- Please note, most cheese will yellow a bit with age without the addition of colouring, this product should be used if the natural yellowing is not sufficient for your preferences