Cultures for Health | Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture
A vegan yogurt starter lets you create creamy, non dairy vegan probiotic yogurt right at home.
Use this non dairy yogurt starter with soy milk, coconut milk or other non-dairy milks to make a smooth, mild yogurt that's miles better than store-bought.
The vegan yogurt culture contains 4 packets of starters. It is a direct-set culture - meaning each packet will only make one batch.
- 4 packets of Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture.
- Step-by-step instructions for using the culture - also found here.
Starter Culture Ingredients
- Rice maltodextrin, live active bacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgaricus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Store the starter culture in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to activate it. Use the starter culture by the date on the bag.
Supplies you'll need:
- 1 packet of dehydrated Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture
- Non-dairy Milk
- This culture often requires a thickener to achieve a store-bought yogurt consistency.
- A glass container
- Tight-weave cloth or paper coffee filter (to cover the container)
- Rubber band to secure the cover to the jar
- A yogurt maker or another appliance (to keep the milk at 110ºF during culturing)
- Stainless steel pot (for heating milk)
- Non-aluminum mixing utensil
- Yogurt Strainer or butter muslin to drain the whey