Iberian Double Toasted Oak Chips (100g | 3.5oz)
Estimated Time to Ship:
1-2 Business Days
CRAFTED SERIES Iberian Double Toasted Oak Chips specific particle size make them ideal for small-batch winemaking.
They enhance the wine’s organoleptic properties by transferring interesting compounds in the aroma and flavor phase.
Their fine grain, high porosity, and permeability make them ideal for use in winemaking. This oak’s slow component transfer makes it particularly suitable for medium- and long-duration treatments.
APPLYING TO WINE:
- Enhances aromatic complexity by transferring vanilla and spice aromas.
- Preserves the wine’s natural fruitiness due to its slow, gradual transfer of oak aromas.
- Creates a structured mouthfeel thanks to its ellagitannin content.
- With an intense and elegant double toasting, Iberian oak maximizes the wine’s organoleptic complexity. It creates sought-after volatile compounds, such as pyranones (caramel), 4-methylguiacol (coffee and smoke), and phenolic compounds that give the wine a pleasing liquorice aroma. They also increase the wine’s spice profile and create a more balanced mouthfeel.
- In wine 4 grams per 1 L (33.8 oz), dosage time will depend on the degree of transfer sought and the intensity of the characteristics desired.
- For chips, treatment time varies between 0 and 4 weeks.
- Users are recommended to perform prior testing to determine dosage and to taste the wine frequently to identify the optimal treatment time in each case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Chips: To optimize the transfer of the oak's beneficial properties to the wine, position the sacks of chips at varying depths within the container.
- 50% of the oak at the top of the container and 50% of the oak at the bottom of the container.
- Shake the sacks once a week.