Milwaukee | MA871 Digital Brix Refractometer
Estimated Time to Ship:
1-2 Business Days
Thousands of food and beverage professionals and hobbyists, from chefs and food quality professionals to brewers and wine makers, have moved to digital BRIX measurement from less accurate and less precise optical refractometers.
The Milwaukee digital BRIX refractometer is temperature compensated with a 0 to 85 percent BRIX range and +/- 0.2 percent accuracy. It is easy to use with simple two button operation and fast with a response time under 2 seconds. Maintenance is a breeze also with an easy-to-clean sealed flint glass prism and stainless steel well.
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LCD readout.
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds.
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water.
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight" and protected against water jets.
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included).
- Ideal for winemakers, brewers, fruit and vegetable growers, maple syrup producers, and food producers.
- The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (Internationally recognized body for Sugar Analysis).
- Range: 0 to 85% Brix 0 to 80°C / 32 to 175°F
- Resolution: 0.1% Brix 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2% Brix ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurement Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample: Volume 100 µL or 2 metrics drops (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell: Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Enclosure rating: IP65
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 hours reading with auto-shut off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4. 0 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs. (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.60 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs. (0.66 kg)