Spike Brewing | False Bottom for Kettle
This false bottom sits directly onto the stepped bottom of your Spike kettle. Once installed, connect the centre pickup tube and place one end into the centre of the false bottom.
- All stainless design; no Silicone gasket to make a seal
- Low profile design; extremely low dead space (<.25gal)
- 13 5/8" Diameter
- Best filtering on the market due to dual stage filter design; 99.9% grain filtering efficiency
- Pickup tube and push to connect fitting are included
- False bottom and pick up tube are Made in the USA!
False bottoms are not designed to filter pellet hops in the boil kettle. Instead you'll want to create a whirlpool to centre the hop material and then drain using a side pickup.
2 Stage Filtering:
Stage 1: Filters through top plate's optimally engineered sized laser cut slits
Stage 2: Bottom ring supports the grain weight while also filtering the wort again before it reaches the pickup tube