Milwaukee | MW160 MAX pH/ORP/ISE/Temp Logging Bench Meter
LAB GRADE. HIGH PERFORMANCE. AUTOMATED. TOUGH.
The Milwaukee MW160 4-in-1 MAX pH/OPR/ISE/Temp. Logging Bench Meter has won fans around the world with its reliable, fast, simple operation as well as a tough, sleek, lightweight design with a small lab space footprint. It is accurate to 0.01 pH with automatic or manual temperature compensation, and built in dedicated GLP key. In addition, up to 3-point automatic calibration and 7 selectable buffer standards makes the MW160 MAX ideal for use by brewers, wine makers, growers, labs, food processing, water treatment and many other applications with challenging pH measurement needs.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Amazingly accurate, the best meter I have used so far."
"Very satisfied, very accurate, rugged device that calibrates easily."
"Rarely needs to be calibrated and gives perfect readings every time."
"Killer tool, good value."
"Takes up hardly any space in the lab"
"Love the GLP function"
"Large easy-to-read dual displays"
"Easy to Clean"
The Milwaukee MW160 4-in-1 MAX pH/ORP/ISE/Temp Logging Bench Meter is preferred by people testing all types of samples viscus or not, in a variety of applications that cause other pH meters and electrodes to fail. The MA917B/1 Milwaukee double junction electrode is refillable and easy to clean. From brewers and wine makers to hydroponic growers, labs and water treatment, the MW160 MAX is your Bench Meter for fast, accurate readings.
The Milwaukee MW160 MAX pH Bench Meter offers:
People choose the MW160 4-in-1 MAX pH/ORP/ISE/Temp Logging Meter to improve the accuracy of their testing program. With up to 3 point calibration and 7 standard buffer choices, the meter can be quickly calibrated to a higher accuracy compared with 1 or 2 point calibration. The MW160 MAX meter is accurate to 0.01 pH. 5x more accurate than some alternative meters. Have a need to read ISE? The MW160 MAX has a simple BNC connection for any parameter.
The meter comes with a double junction pH electrode (included) and temperature sensor MA831R (included) allowing the meter to automatically adjust the pH reading for the effect of temperature (ATC).
The meter can also be used as a very accurate thermometer with accuracy +/-0.4°C | +/-0.8°F.
The rugged meter is built to take knocks and is sleek and lightweight .
The MW160 MAX pH/OPR/ISE/Temp Logging Bench Meter comes with the Milwaukee refillable glass MA917B/1 pH electrode and has a BNC connector allowing easy interchange to any pH Milwaukee electrode. This is Milwaukee's top selling lab grade electrode for a reason. Designed to be both low maintenance (refillable) and able to withstand more challenging samples (double junction). The MA917B/1 is ideal for use in beer making, winemaking and hydroponics, environmental labs and many other applications. Have a need for an ISE application? Quickly connect the ISE BNC to the meter and off you go.
- Fast easy to read results with large duel level digital LCD readout.
- Extreme accuracy to ±0.01 pH | +/- 0.2 mv | +/- 1 mV | ISE +/-0.5% Full Scale | +/-0.4°C (+/-0.8°F).
- Extended range (-2.00 pH to 16.00 pH).
- Lightweight and small bench footprint.
- ISE calibration up to 2 points.
- Easy measurement: just place the pH electrode and temp. probe in the sample, gently stir and wait for the reading to stabilize.
- Simple push button, automatic up to 3 point pH calibration for increased accuracy.
- Up to 7 selectable pH calibration buffers (4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01 and 12.45).
- Refillable, double junction, lab grade pH electrode for low maintenance and high performance with a screw on cap to ensure proper storage.
- Automatic Temperature compensation (ATC).
- Logging-on-Demand feature up to 50 samples per parameter.
- Alphanumeric LCD display messages for friendly, intuitive information, warnings and error messages
- Internal clock date to keep track of different time-dependent functions (calibration, timestamp, calibration time out).
- Dedicated GLP key function.
- 3 feet probe cables for extra flexibility when testing
CARE AND USE
pH meters usually start performing poorly because of problems with the probe. The two parts of the pH probe that cause problems are the glass sensing bulb and the reference junction.
The glass bulb loses sensitivity with use and will eventually fail. This is true of all pH probes.
The reference junction is a small hole that allows the meter to compare the sample to a reference. The reading is generated based on the electrical difference between the sample and reference. If the junction hole gets clogged, the pH electrode will no longer function.
You can extend the life of your pH electrode in the following ways.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
All pH/ORP sensors have a limited life and response time gets longer with age. Properly maintaining your pH/ORP electrode will give you fast, accurate results for longer. So, be sure to order the Milwaukee Maintenance Kit code PH-Main at checkout time! This will be needed to help clean and condition the pH electrode before use!
To minimize clogging the pH probe needs to be kept hydrated. Long periods of dry storage will damage the sensitivity of the probe. Allowing the probe to dry out may also result in the junction hole getting clogged.
Storing in pH probe storage solution MA9015 or pH calibration buffers will help address both these issues. Do not store in tap water or DI water. This will damage the sensitivity of the probe.
The best way to store the probe is with the probe's cap filled with storage solution or calibration buffer and the cap tightened to prevent leakage. It is also recommended that to store the electrode upright to further reduce the potential for leakage.
CLEANING AN MAINTENANCE
Residue from the sample can impact the sensitivity of the sensing bulb and clog the junction. This is especially true if the sample has a lot of organic material. We recommend regularly soaking your electrode in cleaning solution MA9016. Also:
1. Inspect the electrode for damage or scratches, if present replace the electrode.
2. Inspect the cable. The connection cable and insulation must be intact.
3. Connectors should be clean and dry.
4. Rinse off salt deposits with water or DI water.
The pH sensing bulbs become less sensitive over time so make sure that you are calibrating regularly to keep your PRO Plus Bench pH Meter accurate. Also, calibrate after cleaning or a long period of storage.
- pH Range: -2.00 to 16.00 pH
- ORP Range: ±699.9 mV |±2000.0 mV
- ISE Range: 0.001 to 19999 ppm
- Temp. Range: -20.0 to 120.00°C (-4.0 to 248.0°F)
- pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
- mV Resolution: 0.1mV | 1 mV
- ISE Resolution: 0.001 (0.001 to 9.999) ppm | 0.01 (10.00 to 99.99) ppm | 0.1 (100.0 to 999.9 ppm) | 1 (1000 to 19999) ppm
- Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.01 pH @ 20°C / 68°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2mV / ±1 mV
- Accuracy: ±0.5% Full Scale (ISE)
- Accuracy: ±0.4°C | ±0.8°F
- Rel mV offsete: ±2000mV
- pH Calibration: up to 3 point automatic pH calibration | 7 standard buffers (pH 1.68, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01, 12.45)
- ISE Calibration: 1 or 2 point automatic, 6 standard solutions available
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic, -20.0 to 120.0°C (-4.0 to 248.0°F) or manual (without temperature probe)
- pH electrode: MA917B/1 glass, double junction pH electrode (supplied)
- ORP Electrode: (Sold Separately)
- Temperature probe: MA831R temperature probe (supplied)
- Power supply: 12VDC (included)
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 95%
- Dimensions Meter: 230 x 160 x 95 mm (9.0 x 6.3 x 3.7 inches)
- Weight Meter: 1.1 kg / (2.4 lbs)
- Dimensions Packaged: 355 x 120 x 255 mm (14.0 x 4.72 x 10.04 inches)
- Weight Packaged: 2.16 kg / (4.76 lbs)
- Warranty: 3 years on meter