Penguin Chillers | Standard Water Chiller (½ HP)
½ HP Water Chiller
- 5,000 BTU/hr
- 1″ NPT inlet/outlet ports (female threaded PVC)
- Titanium Heat Exchanger = Reef Tank Safe
- Recommended operating range ~40°F to ~100°F
- 56 dBA
- 6′ Power Cord
- 110 – 120 Volts / 3.9 Amps / 450 Watts
- 16.25”W x 14.75”D x 12”H
- 39 Pounds
- 1 Year Product Warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
The ½ HP Water Chiller comes with a titanium heat exchanger. A titanium heat exchanger keeps copper from coming into contact with your water. Because toxic levels of copper can build up in water being used for long periods of time, copper heat exchangers aren’t recommended for use in a closed loop aquarium setup. The use of titanium = Reef Tank Safe!
Pump and Controller Recommendation
- Pump: Danner Mag-drive 500gph – 1800gph. Other pumps may be acceptable, however they need to be rated for less than 10psi max pressure. If you’re using a different pool/spa pump or any other pump rated in horsepower please talk with our tech support first. There is typically a simple work around that allows our chillers to provide cooling to systems which operate at higher pressures. We would be more than happy to help you determine the best method of installation for your system. Be sure and visit our “Accessories” web page to view our selection of pumps and accessory packages available.
- Digital Controller: The controller constantly monitors your systems incoming water temperature, therefore, water flow is needed at all times in order for it to successfully read current temperatures. When your systems water temperature moves above your desired set point, the controller tells the compressor and fan to turn on and begin cooling the water. Once your desired set point temperature is reached, the compressor and fan will turn off.
Additional Accessories Available
Penguin Chillers offers a wide variety of accessories and support equipment for our chillers.
- Water or Glycol pumps
- Quick Disconnects
- Vinyl or Silicone Tubing
- Propylene Glycol
- Pump Controller
- Accessory Packages