Carboy - 5 Gallon Glass Fermentor (Made in Italy)
The classic glass carboy. Available in comes in 3gallon, 5 gallon, and 6 gallon sizes.
- Glass carboys are completely nonporous preventing oxidation
- Glass is less prone to hard to clean scratches which often lead to bacterial infections in plastic fermenters.
- Clear glass also allows the brewer to monitor yeast activity and the clarity of the beer.
- 30mm opening (takes a #6.5 rubber stopper, available separately)
- Made in Italy
5 gallon fermenters are perfect for secondary fermentation and lagering of 5 gallon batches. This carboy will be too small for fermenting a 5 gallon batch due to the lack of headspace required for fermentation activity.
- Height (including the neck): 19 and 3/4 inches (50cm)
- Width: 11 and 13/32 inches (29 cm)
- Inside diameter of the neck: 1 and 3/16 inches (3cm)
- Outside diameter of the neck: 2 and 3/16 inches (5.6 cm)