Grainfather Conical - Pressure Transfer Kit
Easily attach to the Grainfather Conical Fermenter (or any fermenter with a 1.5" tri-clamp opening) for a clean and simple way to transfer your beer without the need to lift heavy fermenters to perform a gravity fed transfer. Using a Pressure Transfer Kit also ensures less chance of oxygen entering the beer during transfer. Reduced oxygen will improve the shelf life and conditioning potential of your beer as well as avoiding the nasty 'wet cardboard' flavor oxygenation can cause.
- Liquid hose for transferring the beer.
- 304 stainless steel beer racking pipe for pulling the beer from the fermenter
- Gas hose for pressurizing the fermenter.
- Needle valve
- Racking pipe screw and seal
- Cap and seal
- Digital pressure gauge
- Pressure transfer body
- 1.5” stainless steel tri-clamp and silicone seal (Please note batteries for the pressure gauge are not included.)
Note: Pressurized transfer generally only requires 2-3 PSI of CO2 to move the contents of the fermenter. Using higher pressures introduces the risk of damaging seals and may also lead to cloudier beer due to yeast trub being unsettled.