American Medium Toast Oak Chips (50g)
CRAFTED SERIES American Premium Medium-Toasted Chip's high density, low porosity, and permeability make them ideal for use in wine-making.
American oak contains higher concentrations of volatile compounds and derivatives of thermal degradation of lignin, but lower concentrations of ellagitannins.
APPLYING TO WINE:
- Minimizes modification of the wine’s tannin profile due to its low ellagitannin content. Has less impact on structured mouthfeel than European oaks.
- Has a significant short-term organoleptic impact due to its high volatile compound content.
- This oak rapidly transfers its characteristic aromas to the wine, making it suitable for short-duration treatments.
- American Premium Medium-Toasted Chips having a high glycosidic polymer content that produces toasted, caramel, chocolate, coconut, clove, and vanilla significantly increases the wine’s aromatic complexity.
- In wine 4 grams per 1 L (33.8 oz), dosage time will depend on the degree of transfer sought and the intensity of the characteristics desired.
- For chips, treatment time varies between 0 and 4 weeks.
- Users are recommended to perform prior testing to determine dosage and to taste the wine frequently to identify the optimal treatment time in each case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Open Oak Pak and add the oak chips to 1 cup of hot water in step 1. Let the oak chips soak in the hot water for 10 minutes. Add the water and the oak chips to the primary fermenter.