Potassium Metabisulphite (250g)
Save 0% Save %
Original price $5.99 - Original price $5.99
$5.99 - $5.99
Current price $5.99
- Prevents Molds, Bacteria, Microbial Spoilage and Fights Off Oxygenation
- Usage: Wine: 6 Gallon (23lt.) batch of Wine: In a small drinking glass, add 1/2 cup of water. Add 1/4 teaspoon of potassium metabisulfite and 3.75 teaspoons of potassium sorbate into that water; stir until fully dissolved.
- Bottles: Directions: In 1 gallon (4lt.) of water, add 2 teaspoons of potassium metabisulfite and 1 tablespoon of citric acid. Use it as a rinse. If you're rinsing bottles, just go from bottle to bottle.
- Equipment: Add 8 teaspoons of Potassium Metabisulfite to 1 gallon (4lt.) of water, and then rinse your equipment in this solution for about 5 minutes to sanitize, and let drip dry. In stronger doses, potassium Metabisulfite works well to sanitize your equipment, with no negative consequences.
- Food: Potassium metabisulfite is a food preservative, which preserves the natural color of food and protects food against bacteria.
- Chemical Compound: Potassium Metabisulfite, KSO, also known as potassium pyrosulfite, is a white crystalline powder with a pungent sulfur odor. The main use for the chemical is as an antioxidant or chemical sterilant.
- Formula: K2S2O5, Molar mass: 222.32 g/mol, Density: 2.34 g/cm³. Melting point: 190 °C
- Other cations: Sodium metabisulfite Other anions: Potassium bisulfite; Potassium sulfite
- Product of Italy