Potassium Sorbate (5.5g)
Original price $3.99 - Original price $3.99
$3.99 - $3.99
Current price $3.99
- A salt of sorbic acid that is commonly used as a preservative in food and wine because it inhibits yeast cell reproduction.
- Does not kill yeast cells.
- Cannot stop an active fermentation
- Will prevent renewed fermentation when you sweeten a wine before bottling.
- Acts on enzymes that would cause further assimilation of sugar and refermentation.
- Must be used in conjunction with sulfite.
- Added at the end of alcoholic fermentation during the “Stabilization and Clearing” phase.
- Product of Europe